Sunday 17 March 2013

Evaluation Q3


What have you learnt from your audience feedback?

I feel that it is essential to collect audience feedback. As I proceeded through the construction phases of my work, I was keen to turn to members of my target audience for constructive points on what I was doing successfully and what I could be improving on. Additionally, I found the process of gathering audience feedback to be very helpful as I was able to learn exactly what my audience wanted from the products that I was creating.

Initially I had a small questionnaire with my target audience, and found out what they liked about music videos, what they thought should be included in music videos, why they identify with them, and whether they were of the onion that music videos should be more heavily performance weighted or narrative weighted.

Throughout the construction phases of all of my products, I constantly asked for verbal feedback, and my peers opinions on my work to see what they thought as well as to give me additional ideas as well as objective criticisms to allow me to improve my work and make it better.

When I completed my final draft of my music video, I uploaded it o YouTube then posted the link to it on facebook, and asked all of my facebook friends to watch the video then provide me with some feedback by sending me inbox messages on facebook. This was so important and useful to me because it allowed me to get a large amount of people to watch my video, and I received some interesting feedback as well as helpful feedback about hat it improve or change in my final final draft.

Overall I think that I have learnt a lot from my audience feedback. I believe that audience feedback is essential in the production and construction of any media texts; this is because all products have a target audience, and you have to make sure that you are giving the audience what they want out of a product.

No comments:

Post a Comment